Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Mini Paleo Pumpkin Pies


Alright if you didn't already know this I love anything Pumpkin!  Maybe its because I'm an October baby, but either way I love it.  I love pumpkin pie but usually feel like crap after I eat it, so I decided to give it a healthy twist.  This crust is completely Gluten Free, and full of protein and healthy fats.  The Filling is light, creamy, and full of flavor.  The muffin size is perfect when you just want a little bite and not a whole piece of pie, so you can have your cake and eat it too ;)  I hope you enjoy this healthy spin on a fall classic as much as I did!





Mini Paleo Pumpkin Pies:

Crust-
-1 C Cashews + 1 C Almonds ground up to flour
-1 Egg
-2 Tbs Coconut Butter

Preheat oven to 350.  Combine in a food processor until it becomes dough like.  Spoon into muffin tins and press down firmly to form a crust shape.  Bake for 6-8 min, or until edges are starting to brown.  Remove at let them cool.

Pie Filling-
-1 Can Pumpkin puree
-1/2 can coconut milk
-1/2 C raw honey or maple syrup (I used a mixture of the two)
-2 eggs
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Blend together with hand mixer.  Beat until there are no lumps.  Pour filling into muffin tins over crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until centers are firm.  Use knife to remove mini pies from the muffin tins.  Top with a dollop of whip cream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment